Danny has worked for Jamie Oliver for over 9 years fulfilling various roles including working within the PR and Marketing team and was also Jamie's PA for 4 years. He is a Jamie Oliver Foundation Ambassador and has worked on various projects to support all of Jamie's Foundation activities including Jamie's Ministry of Food, Jamie's School Kitchen Garden project, Jamie's Food Revolution in the States and Fifteen.
In 2006 he was asked to complete a mentoring course with the Jamie Oliver Foundation and since then has been mentoring the graduates from Fifteen London. This has included mentoring them on a personal and professional level and guiding them with their careers as Chefs. He also mentors young people from the Global Changemaker programme that is part of the British Council. He mentors a young Social Entrepreneur in Slovenia - Matevz Slokar and has helped Matevz to set up a similar Social Enterprise to Fifteen in London called the S Project:
His current role is Community and Social Media Editor, looking after all Social Media activities for the entire company and also for the Jamie Oliver Foundation. He also looks after the food community on Jamie's website and is bresponsible for the user generated content. Danny also works on various projects for San Patrignano, including getting the products into Selfridges and Fifteen, introducing San Patrignano to the Global Changemakers and British Council and finding opportunities in the UK to promote the great work that the community does.
He has also set up the UK San Patrignano Association. The Association is responsible for:
- Counselling and mentoring people who want to gain admission into San Patrignano
- Following individual preliminary preparation before entering into the community
- Supporting social reinsertion and job placement in London
- Facilitating Internship, youth exchange and professional training in restaurants and cafeterias
- Providing support and liaising with families of the San Patrignano residents in the UK